Missing/inaccurate hardware quantities. Gaps between doors and bowed parts making fitment difficult.
Love this piece! Took hours to put together, but worth it!
I love my kitchen island. Easy to assemble and solid construction. I use it as extra counter space in our small kitchen. We weren’t sure it would fit, so we got this movable unit and tried several spots. Now it resides in the perfect place.
Absolutely beautiful! No damage, easy to assemble and just love this island. I added my own handles to drawers and cabinet doors to match other hardware in kitchen. Also added more spice racks on the sides. Perfect addition!!
My husband and I adore this kitchen island. It gives our tiny kitchen much needed counter space and lets us prep multiple things at a time ! I would absolutely recommend it.
Got this as a gift for an in home baker. Assembly took a couple hours, but was easy and well worth it. Product came in great condition. Great quality, especially for the price. The recipient loved it.
I added the service where they send someone to put it together because I’m early in my pregnancy and sick all the time, so I can’t tell you how easy assembly was. It did however take 2 men about an hour and a half. I’m so excited about all this extra storage space plus a surface for me to prepare food that isn’t the counter. Especially for the price, I highly recommend
My wife & I love the finished kitchen island. It provides extra food preparation & kitchen item storage space. Also looks great in our kitchen.
I thought I’d have to fiddle a lot with this kit but I encountered no problems of any significance during assembly.
BUT I need to mention that I have a lot of furniture & models assembly & scratch building experience. If furniture assembly or fabrication is new for you, you might encounter some difficulties at spots. I’ll try to give some tips to help.
1. Before putting anything together, organise the parts and review the instructions to get an idea of the assembly flow.
2. There are a lot parts. Try to group the wooden (actually finished MDF) parts together according to the steps they’re shown in the instructions. For the hardware, I used disposable food trays to arrange the parts . Labelling the bins with parts’ letters. (The hardware is well packaged. But I wish the instructions parts lists section was more detailed regarding some parts, giving screw lengths, etc.)
3. Have the right tools available. For this kit, the the main tools needs are Phillips head screw drivers. One will do but I like having a short ratchet screw driver. Note: Use caution if you’re using an electric screwdriver; it’s easy to strip the threads of some important parts.
5. Take time to make you are working with the right part. The wooden parts have round stickers with identifying numbers. I recommend leaving the stickers on until you have successfully finished the kit. If you want to remove the stickers earlier, find a way to identify the parts lest confuse similar looking parts during assembly. (I used a sharpie marker to write the ID number on a spot I knew was going to covered up by another part.)
6. While most of the instruction booklet diagrams was accurate & helpful, I found a couple of diagrams potentially confusing because of some details left off to avoid visual clutter. Tip: pay attention to locations of dots that indicate screw holes & such. Also some pieces have notches or slots that can help.
7. Speaking of screw holes & such, this kits has many holes for the can lock bolts next to holes for wooden pegs. Easy to confuse the two. Pay attention to where the hole goes. If goes to a round cavity, it’s for the cam bolt. If shallow hole, its for the pegs. As the cam bolts, the holes for them are lined with a nylon insert. Works well but don’t over tighten the bolt lest strip out the insert.
8. The drawer glides aren’t too bad. No special left/right variations as in some kits. Pay careful attention to the holes to place the screws.
9. The most fiddly step I encountered was the assembly of panel where strips make a frame and sheet material is slid in. (I think parts 19-24.) It may help to lay the assembly flat on the floor as doing it and/or have another person help hold the pieces in place. This step also requires attention to the part numbers and the parts relative location to each other.
10. The good news is that partial or even near full disassembly is possible if you made a mistake & need a do over. Take your time & work it through.
11. Starting the obvious: keep little kids and pets out of the work area ;-)
I really love this island--it looks amazing in my kitchen and matches my cabinets perfectly! Make sure that you pay attention to the instructions, as there are a lot of little details that you have to do and you can easily miss out on. I am looking at what other furniture this company sells because I'm very satisfied!
It’s exactly what I wanted and imagined in my kitchen. I LOVE IT.
Be prepared to have a full day of assembling fun with your spouse I will recommend it